Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday and Bedroom

July was a busy month! Rylan turned two! We can't believe he is getting so big. At his 2 year check-up, he was 31 lbs 4 oz, and 37 1/2 inches. He seemed like such a big boy in there, not really fussing or anything. I'm not sure if this is because he is such a big boy or because he has seen the doctor so many times in his 2 years. His ears look good now, so that is a relief!
We celebrated his life by inviting our families over and getting Rylan's big boy room ready. We decided to move him into our former guest room, and keep the baby room a baby room. Originally I wanted a regular twin bed, but was swayed to get a race car bed when we found it at a garage sale for $50! Rylan loves it!
We had a Mickey Mouse Birthday party because let's face it, he loves Mickey! I got some ideas off of the internet and got a little creative. I had fun preparing for his party. My mom and cousin helped me out a LOT with the cleaning and day of prep, I may still be getting ready if it weren't for them. Rylan had a great time. We tried to get him to announce what we were going to name the baby at his party, but he wouldn't do it on command. We just told everyone that were are going to name her LUCY MARIE!
Here are probably way too many photos of these events...enjoy!



Here is the car bed. He loves it!


This is our attempt to organize his toys. We have moved many of his books and toys into his room now. However, they still seem to make their way out to the living room.


Here is Rylan in his "big boy" bed.


This is the invitation I made for Rylan's birthday. I found an example on etsy and made my own. (I'm still deciding if I might make my own and sell them since they were asking $45 for 20 invites. I made 25 for less than $9.)



Here are the desserts I made for the party. It is fun putting it all together. The cake was a little lopsided, but it still looked cute.


Rylan's cake.




Mom has had this cookie cutter since we were kids. Good thing she hangs on to everything. ;)




Opening presents. I saved an outfit for Rylan to wear that day and he ended up wearing his bathing suit the whole time. The rug is now in his bedroom.




The kids having lunch at the cute picnic table.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Those Mickey invites & cupcakes are crazy cute! Gonna have to copy that idea down :)