Wednesday, October 19, 2011

September 1st -- Due Date

When I was due with Rylan, I posted this picture of me. I was feeling pretty good and so excited!


Here I am on September 1st.


I was having some signs of labor but worked through the 2nd. We had a relaxing weekend, and I made a list of all of the things I was going to do while I was off work waiting for Lucy to arrive. I thought for sure I was going to make it to my next appointment scheduled for my birthday, the 7th.

I was ready. I was tired, and it was difficult to get things done or take care of Rylan very well. I wasn't really complaining though, just moving really slow. Ryan helped me all the time. I was also SO excited to meet her, and see what she looked like, and tie my shoes without grunting. It is so funny to me how people in your life, some who you know less than others, predict when the baby is going to arrive. So many people said she would be early and she would come so fast because she was my second. I just kept saying there was no way to know with a smile on my face.

I was very thankful to spend 7 days in my classroom meeting my students and establishing routines. I am also thankful for my awesome sub for the fall (and into the winter), Barbara Bandera. I have known her since high school, and she couldn't be nicer. She is a great fit! God worked that out really well, as He always does, in His timing and on His schedule.

No comments: